Bug tracking problem

From: Andreas Höschler
Subject: Bug tracking problem
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 12:25:44 +0200

Hello,

I have discovered a bug (in my app) that makes my app and the whole window maker session crash. This problem does only occur when I run the app from the Window Maker dock and through Sun Secure Global Desktop (couldn't proof that this is related yet). If I start the app with "openapp SmartClient" in a Terminal session the problem does not occur.

Now how can this be tracked down? I would like to get my hands on a core dump but I don't get one. At least I don't have one in my home dir after a crash!? Usigng gdb doe snot seem to be an option as long as the problem occurs only when I start the app by doubleclickig on an icon in the Window Maker dock, not when started from within a terminal session. I am stuck!

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot,

  Andreas