Re: GNUstep Summer Of Code Deadline!

From: Helge Hess
Subject: Re: GNUstep Summer Of Code Deadline!
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2007 11:08:01 +0200

On Mar 25, 2007, at 24:52, Jesse Ross wrote:
I know there was even some work on a GNUstep version at some point in the past... would anyone who worked on that care to chime in?

I wrote the NGPython library a few years ago but stopped working on it. If someone is interested in it, let me know. It very likely doesn't start up w/o major work though (it was for Python 1.5.2). It was a bit different to PyObjC. The latter tries to expose ObjC stuff as-is, while NGPython used .jobs-like (as used by the Java bridge) files to wrap ObjC things in a more Pythonic way.

Having said that, PyObjC might be the way to go because its AFAIK included in MacOS 10.5. So Mac people might use this kind of API.

Greets,
  Helge
--
Helge Hess