Re: GNUstep Summer Of Code Deadline!

From: Jesse Ross
Subject: Re: GNUstep Summer Of Code Deadline!
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2007 18:52:49 -0500

I'm a final year post-graduate so quite busy as it is! That said, I would really like to get involved in a project. However, I don't want to start something and, for time reasons, do a crappy job. Realistically, I could code for two or three evenings a week. Just wanted some feedback on what you thought of this? Might it be better to defer to someone else?

Not that I'm any sort of official voice for the project, but I think any level of help would be much appreciated.

I have started playing with Python recently; would GNUStep benefit from some sort of python integration?

Speaking of Python, a good, working port of PyObjC wouldn't be a bad idea at all. I know there was even some work on a GNUstep version at some point in the past... would anyone who worked on that care to chime in? Is this something you might be interested in, Dan?

http://pyobjc.sourceforge.net/

http://pyobjc.sourceforge.net/doc/todo.php#support-for-gnustep

J.