CocoaCast

From: Graham J Lee
Subject: CocoaCast
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 10:19:28 +0000

Hi all,

there's a podcast called CocoaCast <http://www.cocoacast.com> by Boris Klaydman and Russell Homsy, where they go through the chapters of Hillegass' "Cocoa Programming for Mac OS X" book discussing the concepts therein. Well, I've been asked to join them in an episode on GNUstep ;-). Any suggestions of things to talk about would be welcome, bear in mind the audience is likely to be Cocoa-centric, but mainly Cocoa newbies.

I thought of trying to avoid explicitly complaining about problems in the GNUstep chapter of the book, and instead describing the current state of GNUstep play. In that:

- overview of the components -make, -base, -gui, -back and how they're analogous to Cocoa Foundation/AppKit - code portability between Cocoa and GNUstep (and using -make and - base with Cocoa lib combo), NIB support, Windows/Linux/etc. platforms - Summer of Code (there may be a few students listening to the podcast ;-)
- some apps (mainly dev-apps like ProjectCentre and GORM)
- GUI theming, possibly...

any amendments or additions would be muchly welcome ;-). I've asked for write access to the wiki, once I've got that I'll create a page with an outline of the podcast material. I don't know yet when the episode will be recorded.

Cheers,

Graham.