Re: SimpleWebKit (was GNUstep Web browser (was Re: WebKit Bounty))

From: Yen-Ju Chen
Subject: Re: SimpleWebKit (was GNUstep Web browser (was Re: WebKit Bounty))
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2007 14:19:23 -0800

On 6 Mar 2007 12:05:39 -0800, hns@computer.org <hns@computer.org> wrote:
> As for the xhtml text converter bundle Nicola suggests for use by the
> gui library ... the obvious thing IMO would be to write it to use
> SimpleWebKit, and perhaps provide an alternative bundle using WebKit
> later.

The wrapper can indeed be made 100% interchangeable since both use the
WebKit API. So, users can finally install one or the other.

So I think SimpleWebKit can do the basic HTML rendering.
If it can be a stand-alone library or framework (or in GNUstep as addition)
and GNUMail and Grr are willing to use it,
then at least we have a basic HTML engine for now.
As for a complete web browser, well, it is not coming anytime soon.

Yen-Ju

[snip]