Re: WebKit Bounty

From: Michael Thaler
Subject: Re: WebKit Bounty
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2007 11:29:08 +0100

Hi,

> OMG! no way! Thats BIG!
> I think i would rather start playing with expat and focus on xhtml and
> other xml stuff.

There is also WebKitQt which is a port of WebKit to Qt. It can be built with
WebKit/WebKitTools/Scripts/build-webkit and there is QtLauncher, a simple
example browser. There is no real full-featured browser using WebKitQt yet, but
QtLauncher displays web pages quite well.

I have never even looked at the source code of WebKit, but if it is possible to
port it to Qt, shouldn't it also be possible to port it to gnustep? I know
WebKit is a fork of khtml, the KDE rendering engine, but as far as I know,
WebKit abstracted away Qt/KDE dependicies. So if it is possible to port WebKit
to Qt, why is it so hard to port it to gnustep?

Greetings,
Michael