Re: GWorkspace seg fault

From: Enrico Sersale
Subject: Re: GWorkspace seg fault
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2007 20:32:08 +0200

On 2007-02-10 16:43:48 +0200 Fred Kiefer <fredkiefer@gmx.de> wrote:

Enrico Sersale schrieb:
On 2007-02-10 14:52:48 +0200 Fred Kiefer <fredkiefer@gmx.de> wrote:

Stefan Bidigaray schrieb:
On 2/9/07, *Enrico Sersale* <enrico@fibernet.ro
<mailto:enrico@fibernet.ro>> wrote:

      Yes, this is the normal behavior.
      At this point I'd really need a gdb backtrace; you must only use
      "debugapp" instead of "openapp" and send me the results...

Keeping in mind I've never done anything like this before, here's the
backtrace and gdb's output...  From GDB's output it looks like it's
something to do with the fact that I'm using the cairo backend, which I
guess I didn't mention before since I didn't think it was relevant
seeing as everything else worked OK.

The only thing that could trigger this problem in the cairo backend is
that _ct was not set, when calling this GSCurrentCTM method. I protected
all matrix calls from having an undefined _ct. (And submitted some more
stuff I had lying around) Could you please retest with current SVN?

Thanks
Fred

Now, after a lot of "Font not found Helvetica", I get this:

<gw-trace>

and this:

<syspref-trace>

is from SystemPreferences selecting the "Indexing" modules.

In both the cases, it seems that there is something related with
-GSReadRect: because both the apps try to create some resized imges
using [NSBitmapImageRep initWithFocusedViewRect:].

In that case you better give up using the cairo backend for GWorkspace.
GSReadRect: is currently not supported for this backend. I only just
started to add some code here. I will look into improving on this, but
as far as I can currently see there is no way to extract data from a
cairo surface with cairo 1.2.4 and I don't plan to move to a more recent
cairo release any time soon.

Well, I see a cairo_image_surface_get_data() in cairo-image-surface.c; and, in
CairoGState.m, you are already using cairo_image_surface_get_format() passing
to it a cairo_surface_t*. But probably I'm missing something...

Cheers,
Fred