Installing LiveCD

From: Markus Hitter
Subject: Installing LiveCD
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2007 15:16:06 +0100

In an attempt to get back to GNUstep, I tried on the LiveCD version i486-1.0. It can't boot my box with Intel 965 chipset natively, which is pretty normal for current Linuxes. Booting in VWware appears to work fine, though.

Now I want to install onto the hard disk. The LiveCD's ReadMe recommends "sudo su; morphixinstaller", but this doesn't work at all: "command not found". "find / *morphix*" doesn't find anything either. Obviously, there's missing something.

So, how would I go from here without all the work of installing another distribution first?

Thanks,
Markus

P.S.: shutting down doesn't work either: "Going single user ... root account is locked, starting shell".

Dipl. Ing. Markus Hitter
http://www.jump-ing.de/