Re: Fonts on Solaris 10

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: Fonts on Solaris 10
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 13:12:15 +0100

Newhouse, Richard A schrieb:

> When then configured back using *./configure --enable-graphics=xlib
> --with-name=back --disable-glx --disable-xim*, which designated the
> build graphics as *xlib* and the build server of *x11*.  We were able to
> access the Helvetica and Courier fonts, but they were two sizes too
> large (i.e., Helvetica size 12 appears as Helvetica size 14).  We still
> were unable to access the font we developed.

Do you use the xft fonts or the standard X ones? OK, I know it may be
hard to tell, but if they look like being anti-aliased the former is the
case. I am trying to think up something that could explain the
difference in size you see. This would be easier if I knew in which font
system to look. Or those this problem show up no matter to what you set
GSFontAntiAlias in the GNUstep defaults? (Which is of course the first
test that I should have suggested)

Cheers,
Fred