Re: AClock fork with republican time

From: Ingolf Jandt
Subject: Re: AClock fork with republican time
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 21:31:28 +0100

On 2006-11-21 15:29:51 +0100 Banlu Kemiyatorn <id@gamesquare.co.th> wrote:
Ingolf Jandt wrote:
One question: Do you have a clue why the code always uses constructions like
c=a-b*floor(a/b);
c/=b;
instead of the straitht-forward c=modf(a/b,NULL); ?
(even the fmod should not be needed as the result is only used in sin/cos(2*pi*c))

I don't see how that is more straight-forward
as I understand the code it computes the fractional part of a/b. modf returnes the fractional part of the 1st argument (and stores the integer part in the 2nd.) So modf(a/b,NULL) is the straight-forward translation of the task as I read it.

it isn't neccessary to pass NULL on stack, is it?
When a parameter is exspected and one wants it to be NULL, it must of course be posted on the stack.

Infact, I kinda don't know what it means, everything in there is more like a hack as I've described in my previous mail. But hey, don't complain about my code, it's just work. OK? :-)
(Quiet, Brownie! don't break the peace, now!) I don't mean to complain about anything. I just try to understand.

So long, have a nice day!
Ingolf