Word selection and cursor placement

From: Andreas Höschler
Subject: Word selection and cursor placement
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2006 14:31:22 +0100

Hello all,

while trying to use GNUstep (NSTextView) for real coding - we are migrating from Macs to Solaris/GNUstep machines - I encountered the following problems:

• Double clicking on a word line _Timber_Stock should select the whole word not only Timber or Stock. At least that's how it's done on the Mac and how it makes sense IMHO. On the other hand doubleclicking on <mytag> should only select mytag and not <mytag>. Any idea where this can be corrected?

• Selecting 'valueForKey' in

        [self valueForKey:@"hostname"];

and the pressing cursor left puts the cursor directly to the right of self which is wrong. The cursor should be placed between the space and valueForKey. The behaviour is even worse when leaving a selction to the right side. When self was selected this places the cursor between 's' and 'elf' which is totally wrong.

Hints where in the GNustep tree this can be corrected are greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Regards,

  Andreas