Re: Some issues with my Slackware Packages...

From: Stefan Bidigaray
Subject: Re: Some issues with my Slackware Packages...
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2006 10:25:11 -0500

On 11/6/06, David Ayers <ayers@fsfe.org> wrote:
Have you installed the developer version of libffi (i.e. the headers)?

If you've built it from source, have insured that the installation path
is in /etc/ld.so.conf and have you run ldconfig?

What does config.log say?  (look for 'checking ffi.h usability')

What is the output of 'make messages=yes'

In Slackware there's really no development version of anything!  It's the whole package with headers and all, and libffi is included in the gcc package.

I did when installating the packages, but can't remember if I did or not when building the libraries again.  What exactly is the path?  I inserted /usr/GNUstep/System/Library/Libraries in ld.so.conf!

I'm not at home right now, so I can't say exactly what's in config.log, but the usability tests for ffi.h and callback.h never pass!  It's really strange since ffi.h is in /usr/include and libffi.so is in /usr/lib (those are also the directories I pass to ./configure).

I'll have to run make messages=yes when I get home later today...

Stefan