Re: Unable to connect to X Server

From: Peter Siska
Subject: Re: Unable to connect to X Server
Date: Sat, 04 Nov 2006 17:52:24 +0100

Hello,
I found one interesting thing, when connecting remotely,
the DISPLAY is set to various values.
when using noMachine nx DISPLAY=unix:1007.0
when using X11 forwarding DISPLAY=localhost:11.0

I get error for every of these two..
It looks like GNUstep backend can not look for proper X?
or maybe somewhere is hardcoded location localhost:0.0

So can somebody help me with this problem? How to persuade GNUstep backend to use
custom DISPLAY value. or I am missing something?
thanks

Hello,
I am getting this error

 Uncaught exception WindowServerCommunication, reason: Unable to connect
to X Server `localhost:0.0'

when I try to open any GNUstep app. (openapp xxx.app)

What have I tried: 1) google.. no a big deal, found some issues about
not set DISPLAY, but that wasn't my problem
2) of course I have set
defaults write NSGLobalDomain GSBackend libgnustep-art (or xlib)
DISPLAY is set to :0.0

I'm using Ubuntu 6.10, with gnustep from svn (yesterday (3.11.2006))
with all deps gnustep require (I think)
I also tried to install distro packages for Gnustep, but doesn't help
either.

But what can be issue (not sure): I am using my linux box remotely (VNC,
no-machine nx).