Re: Some random thoughs and questions on the future of GNUstep

From: Nikolaus Waxweiler
Subject: Re: Some random thoughs and questions on the future of GNUstep
Date: Sun, 01 Oct 2006 18:38:37 +0200

There was a wiki that elaboroted on something like that, but it seems broken at the moment

http://ide.roard.com/wakka.php?wiki=Main

Mh, I saw that he was proposing something like that already but I have yet to actually read what he wrote :p

Some of the ideas that were there can be found in the interface that was created for writing steptalk scripts in Gorm.

http://www.roard.com/screenshots/screenshot_steptalkclass2.png
http://www.xdev.org/gnustep/demo.html

Neat! I was wondering how I could integrate Gorm in the whole Smalltalk-browser-code-editor concept and this is one possible answer. Now, the author of StepTalk said that it wasn't designed to make full-blown applications and I think this is a shame. Being ahead of the competition regarding development tools might lure in curious developers, since this is way more interesting than the traditional approach to application development!

This also reminds me of http://www.ambrai.com/smalltalk/index.html (check out the screenshots). So much to do, so little time :(