Re: SystemPreferences.app-panels not in action responder chain

From: Enrico Sersale
Subject: Re: SystemPreferences.app-panels not in action responder chain
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 19:29:20 +0300

On 2006-09-25 18:07:40 +0300 i.jandt@web.de wrote:

Here you are. The pane is *really* primitive. But I thought, keep it simple, anything advanced is better done with "defaults".

btw: This pane is another prove with what small efford even an (step-)unexperienced programmer like me comes to terms in an openstep environment. And I witness against the frequent complain of missing docs. Explanation and examples for *everything* is just a google away. Not to mention all the open ears on the lists.

Thank you. Committed.

A little side note, valid also for the ColorSchemes module (and for all the
future modules): each NSPreferencePane should implement -shouldUnselect:, a
method that returns a NSPreferencePaneUnselectReply value that let the
SystemPreferences application know if the current active pane is in a state in
wich it can be closed without loosing any information. That is, if you are
editing someting and the new values are not saved, your method should return
NSUnselectCancel.
Moreover: if your pane shows windows, dialogs, etc., you should implement also
-willUnselect and close all your windows here.
An example of use of these two methods is in the MDIndexing pane of GWorkspace
(GWMetadata/Preferences/MDIndexing.m).
You can find a complete documentation of the Preference Panes Framework at:
http://developer.apple.com/documentation/UserExperience/Reference/PreferencePanes/ObjC_classic/index.html.