Re: NSRunAlertPanel (some additions)

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: NSRunAlertPanel (some additions)
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2006 18:59:31 +0200

Hi Marc,

a stripped down example for your problem really would help. From all we
know alerts work in GNUstep. OK, there are some limitations to the
implementation of NSAlert, but most likely you are not using this.

The correct way to stop your alert is either stopModalWithCode:, which
is only to be used from within the alert run loop, that is from one of
the buttons. Or abortModal which should be used from everywhere else.

The return code you are getting are rather strange. NSRunAbortedResponse
 has been defined as -1001, and this for quite some time now. For me
this looks like your alert gets stopped by something completely
different. Which would make it senseless to try to implement anything
myself to reproduce your problem.
you don't find any try to reduce your code to something minimal and send
this to the list or to me personally.

Cheers
Fred