Re: scrollbars [was: Re: really attracting developers]

From: Helge Hess
Subject: Re: scrollbars [was: Re: really attracting developers]
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 02:52:09 +0200

On Sep 6, 2006, at 06:15, Rogelio M. Serrano Jr. wrote:
hah! until M$ decides its should be on the left! im sure the entire
world will agree. like a flock of sheep!

It would be nice if you would actually take a look on how people use scrollbars nowadays. Which is, they don't. I can't remember the last time I touched a scrollbar, I'll always you two-finger scrolling on the trackpad or the scrollwheel.

In short, the positioning of scrollbars does not really matter anymore, they are just a visual indicator on how much of the document is visible.

It was a great idea at the time when it was done, but see, technology evolves ;-)

Helge
--
Helge Hess
http://docs.opengroupware.org/Members/helge/