Re: scrollbars [was: Re: really attracting developers]

From: Andreas Schik
Subject: Re: scrollbars [was: Re: really attracting developers]
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2006 10:16:40 +0200

On 2006-09-05 05:42:41 +0200 phil taylor <ptay1685@bigpond.net.au> wrote:

> On Mon, 2006-09-04 at 18:55 -0400, Charles Philip Chan wrote:
>> On 2006-09-04 18:38:00 -0400 phil taylor <ptay1685@bigpond.net.au> wrote:
>>

>> Please read the reasoning in this page before commenting further:
>>
>>      http://www120.pair.com/mccarthy/nextstep/intro.htmld/
>>

> "Please read the reasoning in this page before commenting further:" -
> what a doozy of a comment. Everyone these days is a member of the
> gestapo.
Looks like you should read some history books to get to know what you talk
about about. It seems you have absolutely no idea was the Gestapo was. F....
idiot!!!

> Why is it that people who frequent discussion forums/mailing lists are
> so anxious to stop people having dicussions? I thought that was the
> whole point!

Because this is no discussion. You come here simply rant ("the UI is ugly")
without giving any constructive hints on what could be done better and tell us
you will go away and never come back for this reason. Instead you stay and
rant on and on and on and finally call ppl on this list (you give reasionable
answers, btw) "gestapo", which I personally consider to be one of the worst
insults. You call this "discussion"?
Stop insulting ppl and start to become constructive. Then you get a warm
welcome and a discussion. Otherwise simply shut up and go and do some
SmartEifel and GTK.