Re: scrollbars [was: Re: really attracting developers]

From: Markus Hitter
Subject: Re: scrollbars [was: Re: really attracting developers]
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2006 03:21:32 +0200

Am 05.09.2006 um 01:06 schrieb Pascal Bourguignon:

On NeXTSTEP, I just kept the menu out of screen, and configured the
right button to pop it up under the mouse.[...]
Clearly, a menu bar is silly.

Clearly, menus popping up where ever your mouse is, are silly. The human eye and brain remembers locations, and if the locations of menu items change all the time, it's extra work to pick them each time.

No, I don't think GNUstep can find a general solution for all these personal preferences and I try to ignore these fruitless discussions, but I couldn't resist on this one.

Markus

Dipl. Ing. Markus Hitter
http://www.jump-ing.de/