Re: really attracting developers

From: Adrian Robert
Subject: Re: really attracting developers
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 13:58:27 -0400

On Aug 30, 2006, at 1:44 PM, Michael Thaler wrote:

On Wednesday 30 August 2006 14:41, discuss-gnustep-request@gnu.org wrote:

True, especially regarding Gecko. However, using libwww WOULD be an
idea for writing a _very_ simple webbrowser. I was thinking about
that, using libwww as a bundle, so it could be easily replaced in case
WebKit (or something else that's better than libwww) came along.

What is a _very_ simple webbrowser good for? I don't think many peope are interested in using such a browser if there are far better alternatives like
Firefox and Konqueror.

It could be useful in embedded contexts -- e.g., a class documentation viewer for ProjectCenter, HTML email viewing in GNUMail, application help, etc..

If libwww is something relatively lean and mean, so much the better.