Re: GNUstep paste board (Was: really attracting developers)

From: Chris B. Vetter
Subject: Re: GNUstep paste board (Was: really attracting developers)
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 09:38:43 +0200

On 8/28/06, Charles Philip Chan <cpchan@sympatico.ca> wrote:
[...]
It works for basic text, but not for other data types. I can't speak
for other platforms, but on an X based system I think this should
happen:
(1) If a bitmap graphics is cut or copied, it should make a png copy
to the X clipboard.
(2) If it is a font, copy it to the X clipboard as a TTf.
[...]
Other data types should follow as the standard evolves.

Actually, you CAN copy images using the pasteboard. I frequently use
that functionality. Don't know about fonts, but I'm pretty sure it
would be possible.

--
Chris