Re: Etoile on Solaris

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: Etoile on Solaris
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 11:45:07 +0100

On 2006-08-25 10:13:44 +0200 Andreas Höschler <ahoesch@smartsoft.de> wrote:
[...]
bash-3.00# gcc --version
gcc (GCC) 3.4.4
[...]
I guess it has been built from source. Which one are you using?

I am/was using the one off Blastwave (gcc4objc)

On 2006-08-25 10:27:33 +0200 Marc Brünink <mbruen@smartsoft.de> wrote:
[...]
Just for the archive:
make OBJCFLAGS="-Dtypeof=__typeof__"
fixed this. However its a bit weird that make doesn't work for us but for Chris.....

Could be the different compiler, or I'm just lucky :-)
No, seriously, has this problem been 'introduced' only recently? If so, I probably installed a version without that 'bug' and didn't update in time to 'catch' it.

I think the problem is specific to Marc's compiler. The existing code has been round for ages and working on a variety of solaris machines.