Re: cairo backend status

From: Rogelio Serrano
Subject: Re: cairo backend status
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 16:48:13 +0800

On 8/16/06, Rogelio Serrano <rogelio.serrano@gmail.com> wrote:
On 8/16/06, Markus Hitter <mah@jump-ing.de> wrote:

> Am 16.08.2006 um 09:06 schrieb Rogelio Serrano:
>
> > Well linuxbios can fix that.
>
> It can't. Shutting down a machine includes shutting down all apps,
> which in turn includes closing all documents. There are plenty
> situations you can't restore after a reboot: dynamic web pages or
> "running" servers, as examples.

Of course. But they dont matter for me. If the apps can do regular
checkpointing then the system will remember where i was. Applications
dont matter to me anymore. all i want to see are documents. when i log
in i want to see the document im working on yesterady. when i look for
the document about the email search optimisiations then i get that
right away without rememebering if it was an email or not.

The architecture must be turned upside down.

What matters is that when i get a good idea, i turn on my pc then
start typing. or better yet i can type right away and the machines
just turns on without me remembering that it is off. but of course
there is that login screen.

maybe we can put facial recognition on the monitor so a user can be
instantly recognised and maybe have typing pattern timing recognition
too but thats only me dreaming.

--
things i hate about my linux pc:

1. it takes more than a second to boot up
2. keeps asking about filenames and directories
3. does not remember what i was working on yesterday
4. does not remember all the changes i have ever made
5.cannot figure out necessary settings by itself