Re: How to control when SUBPROJECTS are compiled ?

From: Chris Vetter
Subject: Re: How to control when SUBPROJECTS are compiled ?
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 01:06:25 +0200

On 2006-07-30 19:37:37 +0200 Yves de Champlain <yves@gnu-darwin.org> wrote:
I don't really know much how subprojects work so I can't say much, but theses two subprojects types are really two different things that happen to have the same name because of their nested structure. We could talk, for example :

For each example, you create 3 directories.
The first would have projectX/, subprojectA/ and subprojectB/, the second would have projectY/, extensionA/, extensionB/, that each contain the appropriate source. Now the top most GNUmakefile of each example would have the following 3 lines

TOP_DIR - Project X - subproject a
                     - subproject b (here, X depends on a and b)

  include $(GNUSTEP_MAKEFILES)/common.make
  SUBPROJECTS = subprojectA subprojectB projectX
  include $(GNUSTEP_MAKEFILES)/aggregate.make

         - Project Y - extension a
                     - extension b (here, a and b depend on Y)

  include $(GNUSTEP_MAKEFILES)/common.make
  SUBPROJECTS = projectY extensionA extensionB
  include $(GNUSTEP_MAKEFILES)/aggregate.make

That's all. As I said, it all just depends on the order how you order the subdirectories. Or maybe I'm just missing the point? Well, yes, of course you always would have to put the Project [X or Y] in a separate subdirectory. If you do not want to or cannot (for whatever reason) this wouldn't work.

--
Chris