Re: Force Quit for GNUstep

From: Günther Noack
Subject: Re: Force Quit for GNUstep
Date: Sat, 8 Jul 2006 17:15:22 +0200

Hi!

Am 07.07.2006 um 02:23 schrieb Fred Kiefer:
There is a specific X protocol (_NET_WM_PING) that is supposed to handle
this case and would allow the window manager to determine that a
specific applications is currently no longer responding. I always wanted
to implement this for GNUstep, but never did get around to it.

I just tested xkill, and it seems to work for GNUstep applications. I suppose it does exactly what you described. :-)

-Günther