How do you work with subdirectory in GNUstep GNUmakefiles?

From: Lloyd Dupont
Subject: How do you work with subdirectory in GNUstep GNUmakefiles?
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2006 16:21:54 +1000

(NOTE: I have this problem with MinGW on Windows)

My code span 2 directories:
"./"
"./ImportExport"

Now I could declare all my file in GNUmakefile's variable: "MyTool-ObjC_OBJC_FILES"

But when it comes to compile file in the subdirectory: "./ImportExport"
I get an error:
ImportExport/MyObject.m:86: fatal error: opening dependency file shared_obj/ImportExport/MyObject.d: No such file or directory

I could fix it manually by creating the directory: "./shared_obj/ImportExport/" Or by creating a target: "requiredDirs" and calling "make requiredDirs", but it would be nice to have the (default) target "all" create it.
How do I do that?