Re: GNUstep on Solaris

From: Andreas Höschler
Subject: Re: GNUstep on Solaris
Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 20:55:34 +0200

Hello Chris,

I just played around with TextEdit.app on Solaris (Sun Ray) and realized that the Emacs Keybindings do not work as expected. Ctrl-a and Ctrl-e do work but Ctrl-k just beeps. Pressing the Alt Graph key (e.g. for getting a { ) beeps as well. I am not sure what this problem is related to (GNUstep, Solaris, Sun
Ray,...). Any ideas (experiences on this platform)?

Just tried on Solaris (5.10) and FreeBSD (6.0):
CTRL-a and CTRL-e work on both, CTRL-k works on neither.
Since only my Solaris box has a German keyboard, I can only test ALTGR there, and it works fine.

That's what I observe. AltGr-8 gives me the expected '[', AltGr-9 the expected ']' and so on. It's only that pressing the AltGr key for whatever reason causes a beep as if something was wrong (using a Sun keyboard german country kit). That's kind of annoying. And I am really missing Ctrl-k.

Anybody knows who's responsible for this keystroke? If this does not work on FreeBSD as well I guess it's not Solaris but GNUstep related. What would be the correct class to add this to? My first guess would be NSText.

Regards,

 Andreas