autoconf test for GNUstep libraries/frameworks

From: David Ayers
Subject: autoconf test for GNUstep libraries/frameworks
Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 22:33:11 +0200

Hello,

I'm looking for the canonical autoconf test to determine whether a
GNUstep library/framework is installed.  Specifically I would like to
test for -gui and libGorm.  (Well actually I might need a test that also
checks for AppKit/InterfaceBuilder at one point in time but right now
-gui and libGrom would suffice).

I've been offered an implementation of an m4 file (see attachment) but
this currently would have to augmented with the -make functionality of
probing for those suffixes (_d/_p/?) which we still seem to generate for
debug and profiled libraries.

I would like to avoid replicating that -make logic in m4 so I'd really
welcome an alternative.

Cheers,
David
dnl AC_CHECK_LIB_GORM([, ACTION-IF-FOUND [, ACTION-IF-NOT-FOUND]])
AC_DEFUN(AC_CHECK_LIB_GORM,[OLD_CFLAGS=$CFLAGS
CFLAGS="-xobjective-c"
PREFIX="-I"
SUFFIX="Library/Headers/"
OLD_CPPFLAGS="$CPPFLAGS"
CPPFLAGS="$CPPFLAGS $PREFIX$GNUSTEP_SYSTEM_ROOT/$SUFFIX
$PREFIX$GNUSTEP_LOCAL_ROOT/$SUFFIX $PREFIX$GNUSTEP_NETWORK_ROOT/$SUFFIX
$PREFIX$GNUSTEP_USER_ROOT/$SUFFIX"

OLD_LDFLAGS="$LD_FLAGS"
PREFIX="-L"
SUFFIX="Library/Libraries/"
LDFLAGS="$LDFLAGS $PREFIX$GNUSTEP_SYSTEM_ROOT/$SUFFIX
$PREFIX$GNUSTEP_LOCAL_ROOT/$SUFFIX $PREFIX$GNUSTEP_NETWORK_ROOT/$SUFFIX
$PREFIX$GNUSTEP_USER_ROOT/$SUFFIX"
OLD_LIBS="$LIBS"
LIBS="-lGorm"
AC_MSG_CHECKING([for libGorm])
AC_LINK_IFELSE(
        AC_LANG_PROGRAM(
                [[#include <Foundation/Foundation.h>
                  #include <InterfaceBuilder/InterfaceBuilder.h>]],
                [[[[IBPalette class]];]]),
        $1;
        AC_MSG_RESULT(yes),
        $2;