Maintaining StepTalk for GNUstep

From: Stefan Urbanek
Subject: Maintaining StepTalk for GNUstep
Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 10:21:30 +0200

I have moved development of StepTalk from GNUstep to OS X. There is no working
GNUstep installation on my machine any more.

Is there someone who would like and will have the time to maintain GNUstep
version of StepTalk? That will include maintaining Cocoa->GNUstep compatibility
as well.

Possible issues to the future with the compatibility
- NSPredicate-based language (mainly for actor's methods) is planned
- more comlpex StepTalk based applications will likely use bindings and
key-value-observing, however, I will try to avoid them in simple applications

Difference between current GNUstep version and OS X version:
- XCode project instead of makefiles
- slightly reorganised source tree
- default Smatllalk language amd default modules are bundled inside the
framework - not polluting Library directory
- new steptalk resource management
- few new methods, few obsoleted functions...

More on: http://steptalk.blogspot.com

I will provde all information needed to anyone who will be interested in the
maintenance.

Regards,

Stefan Urbanek
p.s.:  One more question: would you like me to notify this list about new
StepTalk releases even they will be mainly OS X related or not?
--
http://stefan.agentfarms.net

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then
you win.
- Mahatma Gandhi