Re: SHIFT keys on X11

From: Stéphane Goujet
Subject: Re: SHIFT keys on X11
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 09:45:40 +0300

Fred Kiefer a écrit :

Why don't you use the check_modifier() function to find out if the other
modifier (XK_Shift_R) is still pressed, when you get a XK_Shift_L
release? Or am I again missing the whole point?

The main reason was that I did not know about that function. Moreover, I believe I cannot use it because it treats information coming from a XKeymapEvent, and here we are dealing with a XKeyEvent (which does not contain the key_vector field).

XQueryPointer is a rather expensiv funtion, we should only call it, when
we actually need it.

I agree, but on the other hand, it just happens when a SHIFT key is released.

Goodbye,
         Stéphane.