Re: NSWindow bug, superfluous notification

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: NSWindow bug, superfluous notification
Date: Fri, 5 May 2006 18:31:28 +0100

On 5 May 2006, at 18:10, Andreas Höschler wrote:

Hello all,

I create an NSWindow with

mainWin = [[FBFormWindow alloc] initWithContentRect:contentRect styleMask:styleMask backing:NSBackingStoreBuffered defer:NO];
        [mainWin orderFront:self];

After that NSWindowDidResizeNotification is posted twice and I have no idea why.

Me neither... though I can guess the window manager might change the size/position of the window, or the X system might be sending multiple events updating the window position.

i consider this a bug.

Well, it certainly might be a bug and/or might just be a bit inefficient I suppose, or it might be correct behavior (eg. if the window manager is messing with the window).

It does not happen on MacOSX and it makes my code malfunction. Any idea why this happens?

i don't know, but I would suggest that TWO things need looking at ...

1. gnustep might be doing something wrong and/or inefficient ... is so, an analysis/ and fix if there is a problem would be good. 2. your application should be fixed to work when receiving different numbers of notifications ... as it's unsafe to make assumptions about the number of notifications received.