Re: GNUstep stack trace & gnustep-base.dll path

From: Alex Perez
Subject: Re: GNUstep stack trace & gnustep-base.dll path
Date: Thu, 04 May 2006 17:58:11 -0700

David Ayers wrote:
Richard Frith-Macdonald schrieb:
On 4 May 2006, at 09:21, David Ayers wrote:

Lloyd Dupont schrieb:

Problem is I would like to replace 'gnustep-base.dll' by a more
multiplatform constant / invocation.
One that could read 'gnustep-base.dll' on windows and
'gnustep-base.dylib' on MacOSX for example...

http://www.gnustep.org/resources/documentation/Developer/Base/
Reference/index.html
NSBundle: +bundleForLibrary:

I don't think that's what he wants ... it returns the resource bundle for a named library.
I believe he needs the path to the library itsself, so that he can  read
the binary file for debug symbol info.

[snip]

For the running executable, I think you can use [[NSBundle  mainBundle]
executablePath].

I guess I was too terse but I would have assumed that:

[[NSBundle bundleForLibrary:@"gnustep-base"] executablePath]

would be what would give the expected result but indeed, this returns:

/usr/GNUstep/System/Library/Libraries/Resources/gnustep-base/./gnu-gnu-gnu/gnustep-base

for me in a flattended configuration.

Should this be considered a bug?

Shouldn't that be an obvious, definate yes?