Re: [NSEvent isARepeat]

From: Stephane Goujet
Subject: Re: [NSEvent isARepeat]
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 17:02:25 +0300 (EEST)

On Fri, 28 Apr 2006, Richard Frith-Macdonald wrote:

> >   Does someone have a ready workaround ?
> >   Or a ready solution for what I would like to achieve ?
> > I would like to know, when the mouse button is clicked, if some
> > keys are
> > down at the same time. I saw some solutions if the keys are
> > modifier keys,
> > but I want to checks the keys 1 to 9.
> I guess monitoring *all* key down and key up events may be the way to
> do it ...
> You could override [NSApplication-
> nextEventMatchingMask:untilDate:inMode:dequeue:] and [NSApplication-
> discardEventsMatchingMask:beforeEvent:] to keep track of the numeric
> keys.

  Gloup!

> I'm no expert on this though ... you may get better advice.

  Maybe the easiest, in my case, is to simply turn off X Window auto
repeat.
  And perhaps a way to make isARepeat work would be to also turn off X
Window auto repeat and generate repeats inside GNUstep. But maybe it would
turn off the repeat for all application running on X at the same time,
which is a bad idea.

Goodbye,
         Stéphane.