Re: Missing ArtResources

From: Gregory John Casamento
Subject: Re: Missing ArtResources
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2006 12:27:02 -0700 (PDT)

All,

This whole missing "ArtResources" problem, underscores the fact that we need a version of mknfonts and some standard fonts in GNUstep itself to prevent this type of thing from happening.

We need to do the following:
1) Make our own version of mknfonts
2) Add some more default fonts to GNUstep (in addition to the Helvetica font)
3) Perhaps make it possible for Art to use normal X fonts (by adding a cache for the extra information needed by GNUstep)

Option #3 is not a must have, but a nice to have. :)

It's unacceptable for art to be dependent on external non-gnustep programs or resources to work.  Currently art is useable without mknfonts, but you can't create additional fonts for GNUstep without it for use with it.

Later, GJC
--
Gregory John Casamento
Principal Consultant, Open Logic Corp.