Re: - Dynamic Library

From: Tima Vaisburd
Subject: Re: - Dynamic Library
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 21:31:34 -0800

On Thursday 30 March 2006 12:06, Montenegro, Alejandro wrote:
> HI,
> I was wondering if it is possible to generate dynamic libraries using
> GNU.

A normal way to create a dll on Unix is with "ld -shared" or "gcc -shared" :

   ld -shared -o mylib.so SPIRIT.o <other .o files> <libraries>

Later you use it in the final link command:

  ld -o myprog.exe mylib.so <other libraries>

After that if you modify SPIRIT source file, you only need to recompile it
and relink mylib.so.

> LIBRARY = tpbig.a dislin.a -luser32 -lgdi32 -lcomdlg32

But you seem to be on Windows with cygwin, I never tried it there.

Tima.