Re: GNUstep deployment question (on Windows)

From: Sheldon Gill
Subject: Re: GNUstep deployment question (on Windows)
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 08:25:34 +0800

Lloyd Dupont wrote:
Could I have created some bug by not updating the othere exe and bundles?
(shortly I updated only the gnustep-base & gui dlls)

Not unless you're USING the other exe files, one would presume. Doesn't this seem obvious?

While it might seems obvious ;-)
My concern was, perhaps, some of the API in Appkit & Foundation is using these executable.

For example, somtimes, gdnc (or another exe) is launched and stuff like that....

Run-time dependencies are:

Foundation -> gdnc

AppKit -> make_services, gpbs

I would, however, recommend upgrading everything unless you are sure what you are doing.

Regards,
Sheldon