Re: Some bug reports and usability issues with GWorkspace.app

From: Riccardo
Subject: Re: Some bug reports and usability issues with GWorkspace.app
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2006 12:42:17 +0100

Hmm,

On Wednesday, March 1, 2006, at 01:24 PM, Enrico Sersale wrote:

(3) Setting an image for the desktop doesn't work for me. The image
       shows up in the configurator, but not the desktop itself (I do
       have use image checked).

If you are using the xlib backend this is a known problem; else... I don't know (it should work).

I use xlib and I have a nice image on my desktop.

It slows quite everything and having a desktop with gworkspace can cause serious troubles with mouse event and refresh events in other applications (like strange click problems in eclipse, some panels in swing java applications may not refresh if they don't get moved...) but it does work.

-R