Anybody else having problems getting svn+ssh to work ?

From: Pete French
Subject: Anybody else having problems getting svn+ssh to work ?
Date: Sat, 04 Mar 2006 12:44:44 +0000

Am trying to get this: http://mediawiki.gnustep.org/index.php/Svn_SSH_Setup
to work for me. I have registered a username on svn.gna.org, I have activated
the account, and I have added my public ssh key to the list for that account.
I have then waited an hour (a couple of hours actually) for the changes to
be reflected in the cron job. I have also put my gna username in the
ssh config file. So, that should be everything right ?

Yet still I get this:

pete@skerry$ svn list svn+ssh://svn.gna.org/svn/gnustep/devmodules
Permission denied (publickey,keyboard-interactive).
svn: Connection closed unexpectedly

Hmmm... now I am quite happy not to use ssh and just access svn over
normal internel. But the problem is that  if I do

svn co svn://svn.gna.org/svn/gnustep/devmodules

It stops fetching core/gui with the same error. Have looked this up and
apparent svn externals are specified as full URLs, so preseumably those
URL's will be svn+ssh explicitly.

So, I am stuck it seems. Any good suggestions here ? Can I checkout the
modules individually by hand somehow (have had a bit of success with this) ?
or is there a magic trick to making ssh work that I am not aware of ?

cheers,

-bat.