FOSDEM

From: Nicolas Roard
Subject: FOSDEM
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 16:08:51 +0100

Hi,

Just to tell people what happend with the fosdem..

So all in all I think it went well -- the booth was nearly always
full, nearly all the prints (booklets+brochure) we did disappeared (we
had a few leftover..), and people seemed to be more aware of the
gnustep project and what it was than previous years ;-) (very low
amount of "yeah I know gnustep, it's windowmaker, is it ?" )

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cmoi/104651434/

My brother and I also filmed what we could of the gnustep
presentations -- we missed some of them though (we don't have the sope
talk from saturday and we arrived late sunday and missed the groupdav
talk plus the windows dev talk :-/ , the camera was also not fully
ready for the opengroupware talk so I only got part of it...), plus
some battery problems and space problem, etc. But we should get some
ok videos for the rest... it was a first try ;-)
Next year we'll be much better prepared ! For the current videos, I'll
work on them and put them online soon.

If you have fosdem pictures related to gnustep, it would be nice to
send them to me too :-) so I could put them on the same site.

We need to have a better organisation for next year though. What we
missed a lot was a recent livecd and proper demonstration on the booth
for example...

Thanks a lot to all the people that participated, and hope to see even
more people next year !

--
Nicolas Roard
  -Arthur C. Clarke