Re: NSStream update

From: Andrew Ruder
Subject: Re: NSStream update
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 14:43:30 -0600

On Tue, Feb 21, 2006 at 11:18:40AM -0800, Derek Zhou wrote:
> I don't have a 64bit machine so I cannot verify, but In
> Foundation/NSRunloop.h there is:
>
> - (void) addEvent: (void*)data
>            type: (RunLoopEventType)type
>         watcher: (id<RunLoopEvents>)watcher
>         forMode: (NSString*)mode;
>
> Where data is the file descriptor (int) in Unix. So how does that
> work?

Well, on an amd64, the compiler complains about a cast from a integer to
a pointer of different sizes.  The current kludge that seems to be
employed in -base is to cast your int to (intptr_t) which is defined as
a integer that is at least the same size as a pointer, and then cast to
a pointer from there.

- Andy

--
Andrew Ruder