Re: GNUstep startup 0.14.1 SuSE 7.3 build error

From: Cody Brimhall
Subject: Re: GNUstep startup 0.14.1 SuSE 7.3 build error
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 00:54:44 -0800

Hello-

Don't know if the previous message was meant to suggest this--the link goes to a directory index, and it is unclear to me which file was meant.

With the xlib backend, font anti-aliasing is turned on by default.  It's possible that GNUstep simply can't find any fonts in your system that it can properly anti-alias, which would result (I assume) in a situation like the one you are having.  Trying running

defaults write NSGlobalDomain GSFontAntiAlias NO

and seeing what happens.

-Cody

On 2/20/06, Adam Fedor <fedor@doc.com> wrote:

On Feb 20, 2006, at 4:40 AM, Marko Riedel wrote:

> I am using the xlib backend. I do not have any TTF fonts on my
> machine. I
> have the X fonts in /usr/lib/X11/fonts. How do I tell GNUstep to use
> them?
> Where do I find TTF fonts for use with GNUstep if that doesn't work?

It's possible your problem is related to this one:

http://www.gnustep.org/resources/documentation/User/GNUstep/
userfaq_1.html#SEC29