Re: little ObjectiveC poll.

From: Pete French
Subject: Re: little ObjectiveC poll.
Date: Sat, 04 Feb 2006 12:04:45 +0000

> Why have you big monster objects?

Because the objects do a lot of stuff! For example I have a number of
adapters to enable my code to talk to various systems. We've got one generic
object to do this, and to make an adapter for a particular system you
subclass it and implement the methods necessary to talk to that system.
Which leads to several thousand line objects by the time one is done,
but it's a very easy structure to work with, and doesnt seem to have
any disadvantages at all.

> But in anycase, in Objective-C you have categories, so you can spread
> methods of one class over several files.

True, but I dont want to split them up just for the sake of it. If all
the methods belong together logicly then they belong in the same file
as far as I can see.

-bat.