Re: Getting Started w/ GNUSTEP-GUI

From: Quentin Mathé
Subject: Re: Getting Started w/ GNUSTEP-GUI
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 15:38:05 +0100

Le 31 janv. 06 à 08:28, Stephen Sebeny a écrit :

I was wondering if anyone can be a bit more specific on this. Of course if its a tool I'm not going to use anything that expects to be able to find bundle resources, I get that. Basically what I want to do is make a tool that is given a path to a folder as a command line argument, then loads all the images in that folder into NSImages, then extracts features from those images. That is, it loops over all the pixels of the image with the getPixel method of NSBitmapImageRep and pulls out color histogram data and writes it to a file. I all ready have a program that does this on a Mac, but I need to move it to Solaris, thus trying to get the GnuStep GUI stuff set-up since the NSImage classes are in the GUI library. Although, I just noticed that the GnuStep version of the NSBitmapImageRep class seems to be missing the
getPixel method?! Am I missing something here? That seems like *THE*
essential method of the class, and it just doesn't have it. (?)

It isn't probably the essential method of the class, because this method and related ones have only been introduced with Mac OS X 10.4 :-) However I admit, it may become an essential method and it is a very welcome extension.

From NSBitmapImageRep Cocoa header :

#if MAC_OS_X_VERSION_MAX_ALLOWED >= MAC_OS_X_VERSION_10_4
- (void)setColor:(NSColor*)color atX:(int)x y:(int)y;
- (NSColor*)colorAtX:(int)x y:(int)y;

- (void)getPixel:(unsigned int[])p atX:(int)x y:(int)y;
- (void)setPixel:(unsigned int[])p atX:(int)x y:(int)y;
#endif

Quentin.

--
Quentin Mathé