Re: make_services dumps core

From: Chris B. Vetter
Subject: Re: make_services dumps core
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 10:32:02 +0100

David,

On 1/26/06, David Ayers <d.ayers@inode.at> wrote:
> Chris B. Vetter schrieb:
> > anyone also experiencing core dumps of make_services when installing
> > the latest CVS versions of -gui? I first noticed the problem with
> > yesterday's checkout. Same problem today.
[...]
> I assume this is the libpthread in conjunction with libobjc issue:

Sounds reasonable enough, but doesn't explain why it didn't already
happen earlier. I know for sure it didn't happen with Friday's
checkout, as I do update daily (weekdays that is) and was 'using'
GNUstep a lot last weekend. I'm quite positive it worked on Monday as
well.

[...]
> I'm not aware of any
> recent changes in -make though, so it might also be dependent on the
> phase of the moon ;-).

Neither am I.
I figured it might be related to gcc42, but the problem persists when
switching back to gcc34.

Strange.

--
Chris