configure & portaudio v19

From: Chris B. Vetter
Subject: configure & portaudio v19
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 14:07:58 +0100

Hi there,

I've installed a snapshot of portaudio v19 on FreeBSD (removing v18
first). When I run gui's configure, it detects portaudio's
installation, however I get

[...]
checking for aspell.h... yes
checking for Pa_OpenDefaultStream in -lportaudio... no
checking for afGetVirtualFrameSize in -laudiofile... yes
[...]

Looking for Pa_OpenDefaultStream in /usr/local/lib/libportaudio.so I
find one occurrence, plus, compiling the C source used by configure to
check for Pa_OpenDefaultStream, I do not get any error message.
Manually modifying configure's $LIBS doesn't help either, but adding
-lportaudio and setting 'BUILD_GSND=gsnd' everything compiles smoothly
and seems to work fine...

NB: adding --with-include-flags= and --with-library-flags= doesn't help either.

Any hints? I don't want to edit config.make manually every time I
update -gui ...

--
Chris