Re: NSKeyedUnarchiver

From: Sheldon Gill
Subject: Re: NSKeyedUnarchiver
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 09:28:16 +0800

I have libxml2 2.6.22 compiling and linking fine in my sandbox. I haven't yet run through enough testing to be confident of its operation but there shouldn't be any big issues. I am using the full libiconv from GNU-Win32 and had no problem with symbols and linking.

I tried libxml2 2.6.3 ... and it had problems linking with libiconv.
So I followed Christopher's instructions for fixing up the libiconv information, and then the libxml2 build worked fine.

Which version of libiconv are you using and from where?

I'm using GNU-Win32 libiconv binary distribution, version 1.8.1134.7927

Anyway, 2.6.3 was released 10-Dec-2003 which is over 2 years old now. Major windows build fixes weren't incorporated until 2.6.4 at the earliest.

The current release of libxml is 2.6.23 which has been out for exactly one week now. I haven't updated to it but shall before long. Perhaps you'll find that works out-of-the-box?

Regards,
Sheldon