Re: Best distribution layout on mingw? (was Re: GNUSTEP_USER_CONFIG prob

From: Lloyd Dupont
Subject: Re: Best distribution layout on mingw? (was Re: GNUSTEP_USER_CONFIG problem (Windows))
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2005 17:35:17 +1000

Could I use a path like that in the GNUstep.conf then:
GNUSTEP_SYSTEM_ROOT=./../GNUstep

Yes.
I want to stress the ".." (parent dir), as in
"./../GNUstep"
it's very cool for me to put GNUstep resources in an other directories (yet in a relative position)
because I sometimes "clean" my projet by deleting the bin folder.
And, also, VS.NET sometimes build in "bin/debug" or "bin/release" according to my build mode.

This way I don't have to copy the resource again everytime I do that.

do you think this behavior of:
1. using a GNUstep.conf file (in the same directory as the dlls)
2. specifying path starting with "./"

is here to stay?

Yes ... it's a core design feature of the new config file system ...
ie. one of our key objectives designing it was to make creation of relocatable packages for windows easy.

Ultra cool.
This way is, indeed, easy, I'll try tomorrow...