Re: GNUSTEP_USER_CONFIG problem (Windows)

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: GNUSTEP_USER_CONFIG problem (Windows)
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2005 05:33:08 +0000

On 5 Dec 2005, at 23:07, Lloyd Dupont wrote:

Actually, I thought it was needed for deployment (esp. for MS- Windows).
 If an was build with C:/GNUstep/System but has to be installed in
D:/GNUstep/System.  But I'm just theorizing here.

Not necessarily ... you can configure so that the location of path are all relative to the config file, and you can configure so that the location of the config file is relative to the base library ... so as long as the executable can find the gnustep- base dll/so, everything will run.

ho......

it would be VERY nice indeed if you could simply put the GNUstep.conf file in the same directory as the dll to be found automatically.

You can ... thats' the way (well, a major one of the ways) the new config file system is intended to be used on windows (configure -- with-config-file=./GNUstep.conf).

I've added some documentation for this in the filesystem document in the make package ... needs to be more extensive and polished, but it's a start. I'm also going to try to improve the configure scripts in make and base to try and get them to make better choices about where to put things on windows when you don't explicitly give them instructions with the various options like --with-config-file=