Trying to use GNUSTEP_CONFIG_FILE

From: Lloyd Dupont
Subject: Trying to use GNUSTEP_CONFIG_FILE
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2005 15:16:06 +1000

OK, now my GNUstep.conf file is picked-up and read correctly.
its content is the following:
==================
GNUSTEP_SYSTEM_ROOT=./GNUstep
GNUSTEP_LOCAL_ROOT=./GNUstep
GNUSTEP_NETWORK_ROOT=./GNUstep

GNUSTEP_USER_CONFIG_FILE=
GNUSTEP_USER_DIR=
GNUSTEP_USER_DEFAULTS_DIR=Application Data/GNUstep/Defaults
==================

****** BTW I would like the directory for the default to be: ******
%HOMEDRIVE%/%HOMEPATH%/Application Data/GNUstep/Defaults

where HOMEPATH & HOMEDRIVE are standart windows environment variables,
which, in my case, should be "C:/Documents and Settings\Lloyd Dupont".

however my GNUSTEP_USER_DEFAULTS_DIR doesn't seems to be used, I mean default keeps being saved in
C:/GNUstep/Defaults/.GNUstepDefaults
no matter what.

my directory layout is
======
+ GNUstep.redist
   - GNUstep.conf
   + GNUstep
       + Library
       + share
       + Tools
=====
the directory in GNUstep.redist/GNUstep are copies from <GNUstep>/System

what happen when I run a program with such settings, I get various NSLog like that
=======
NMReadWrite.exe[3412] File NSData.m: 166. In readContentsOfFile Open (C:) attempt failed - Access is denied.

NMReadWrite.exe[3560] File NSBundle.m: 920. In [NSBundle -initWithPath:] NSBundle -initWithPath: requires absolute path names, given 'C:Library'
=======
Howerver it seems to run (save for the default still in the wrong place)

I'll keep investigating....

BTW, to be sure my test are made in real world condition I rename my GNUstep folder before runing my test, so that only what I feed my program with should work....