Autosizing subviews

From: Andreas Höschler
Subject: Autosizing subviews
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2005 11:55:38 +0100

Hello all,

I put a ContainerView (inherits from NSView) into a NSScrollView as follows

        containerView = [[ContainerView alloc] initWithFrame:rect];

[scrollView setAutoresizingMask:NSViewHeightSizable | NSViewWidthSizable]; [[scrollView contentView] setAutoresizingMask:NSViewHeightSizable | NSViewWidthSizable];
        [[scrollView contentView] setAutoresizesSubviews:YES];
        [scrollView setDocumentView: containerView];

and expected the containerView to be resized automatically when I resize the window/scrollview. This works on MacOSX but not on GNUstep. Is this a GNUstep bug or am I missing anything here?

Thanks a lot!

Regards,

  Andreas

PS: The above setup seems to work when I use NSTableView or NSTextView for the documentView of the NSScrollView. Why not with my NSView sublclass?